FIVE WAYS TO GET MORE OUT OF THE HOLIDAYS
This post was written in partnership with Roscato Wines. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
With all the preparation that goes into the holidays and the seemly endless to-do lists it can get overwhelming and easy to lose sight of the spirit of the season. Wouldn’t be nice to slow down and really enjoy it this year, the decorating, baking, gift shopping and parties! Today I’m sharing five ideas to minimize stress and maximize your enjoyment & time with loved ones this holiday season!
1) Give yourself the gift of more time! Hire a cleaning service to clean your home to free up time. Bring home dinner from a restaurant to give yourself a break from cooking. Take time off from work (if you can) to travel or spend time with friends and family!
2) Get organized! Make a comprehensive list with all the holiday gifts you need to buy, for family, friends, teachers, clients, coworkers, neighbors, hostess gifts, etc. Then organize them by store so you can make the most of each shopping trip to avoid multiple trips or last minute rushing around. I also like to keep a few extra hostess gifts, like bottles of wine, on hand, as well, for moments when you need a gift but are short on time.
3) Reschedule things that can wait! Whether its appointments, projects or chores, if it can wait, put it off until the New Year so you can enjoy the holidays!
4) Be in the moment! Put your phone down, don’t think about what you need to do tomorrow and just be in the moment with your kids or loved ones. I can’t tell you how much more fun I have with my family when I make a conscious effort to this.
5) Take time to do the things that bring you joy! Sometimes it’s the small things, like watching a holiday movie, baking cookies or enjoying a glass of rosé with friends. Make time for the things that fill your soul!
I have been loving this delicious Roscato Rosé Dolce lately. It pairs beautifully with a fruit & cheese board when entertaining and also makes a lovely hostess gift!
It’s a delicate and refreshing sweet rosé wine from northern Italy featuring fresh strawberry and raspberry notes. It’s wonderful on its own and also pairs well with appetizers, spicy foods, barbecue foods, fresh fruit and dessert. Enjoy chilled!
Look for Roscato Italian wines at your local wine shop, grocery store and restaurants, as well as, stores like Costco, Target and Walgreens – it’s under $12 a bottle – and you can’t miss the beautiful star on the label. Follow @RoscatoWines on Instagram to discover all of the Roscato wine varietals, where to buy, and more!